Data Privacy Promise
We promise to tell you how we use your data, and we promise to keep it secure.
The purpose of our free newsletter and associated emails is to showcase great examples of our career excellence resources for free, and to make offers and offer bonuses that make it attractive to experience the full range of our individual and corporate paid-for services. We hope that you’ll love the free tools you’ll get by subscribing to the newsletter, and, as a result, we hope that you’ll want to use our paid-for resources as well!
We will use your first name and email address to contact you by email, and by clicking the button to subscribe to our emails, you will be agreeing to this use of your personal data. When you subscribe, we’ll also record your “IP Address” – this helps us to guess at your approximate location, so that we can send emails to you at a time that is convenient for you.
Optionally, you can also let us know your job level and whether you work in Learning and Development, and this will help us be more specific with the information we send you.
We will carefully curate our Newsletters and associated emails to ensure they are relevant to you and proportionate to your expressed interests. We use industry standard tools to understand you and ensure our social media adverts are only shown to people who are likely to be interested in Esoftskills. We have assessed our use of your personal data as having minimal impact on your privacy and we will keep it that way.
We will not use your name or email address for any other purpose, nor will we pass it on to anyone else. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email that we send you.
Esoftskills Ltd (Company Number 04829074) (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
If, at any time, you wish to withdraw your consent, please use one of the methods described in the Contact section below.
Please also see the section below called Information We May Collect About You. We collect the information described out of a legitimate interest which doesn’t override your rights, as permitted by Data Protection Law
For the purpose of Data Protection Law, the data controller is Esoftskills Ltd of 3rd Floor, The News Building, London Bridge Street, London SE1 9SG, United Kingdom.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by taking actions or filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, subscribe to our service, place an order on our Website, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website, take tests or quizzes on the Website, report a problem with our Website, provide us with feedback or a testimonial, enter one of our competitions, access articles and other resources, and contact us through our helpdesk. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our Website, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products or services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Uses Made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, or which you have expressed an interest in.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- We will only contact you by email or SMS for any of the above purposes, where you have provided your email address or phone number to permit us to do so. You can ask us not to communicate via either email or SMS at any time.
- To contact you about one of our competitions or feedback you have provided. We will use this information to improve our products and services. Where you have expressly agreed, we may, at our discretion, use your name, company information and feedback for our testimonials.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you, where you have expressly agreed to receive advertising.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about our products or services that may interest you.
Users accessing Esoftskills through a corporate account
If you are accessing our Website, or have opened an account with us, through an arrangement established with your employer, we will only contact you about your account and the resources your employer has made available to you. We will not contact you about other products and services we offer.
Publicly sourced company email addresses
We may obtain individuals’ company email addresses from public sources (either directly or through a third party provider) in order to send relevant communications about our products and services in accordance with the Republic of Ireland Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations. We will ensure at all times that our processing of such publicly sourced company email addresses is lawful and we will implement any changes which may be required when the proposed EU ePrivacy Regulation comes into force.
Advertising and Analytics
When you use our website, we or a third party partner may serve you advertisements that may be of interest to you. These advertisements are based on information relating to your access to, and use of, our website and other websites. If you would like more general information about these practices, click here
We use the Facebook pixel in order to understand the types of people that visit our website and show you relevant advertisements for things you may have looked at on our website. You can find out more about the Facebook Pixel here, including how to adjust your preferences with Facebook.
We also use third party analytics providers like Google Adsense to serve ads to you based on your prior visits to our website and other sites on the internet. You can always opt out of interest based advertising by visiting Google’s Ad Settings.
How we build our audience profile through Social Media platforms
We work with social and business media platforms including Facebook and LinkedIn to bring you targeted advertising about our products and services and improve your experience on our website. To do this, we provide them with a list of email addresses and they confirm if they operate accounts with those email addresses. This enables us to provide relevant advertising on each platform to those accounts and to build an audience profile to help our adverts reach other people on each platform who may be interested in our products and services.
If the platform does not have an account with a matching email address, the contract terms under which they act as our processor for this purpose does not permit them to make any further use of the email address we provided.
We believe we have a legitimate interest in customising our social media communications in this way and that there is minimal impact on your privacy. Nevertheless, you can always tell us not to share your information with Facebook, LinkedIn or any other platform by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you have an account on any platform, you can set your preferences via your platform account.
Disclosure of Your Information
In rare cases, we may also disclose personal information to third parties:
- If Esoftskills Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
We will keep your personal data secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
If you become aware that any information we hold about you is incorrect or there are any changes to your details, please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date (See the Contact section).
You can, at any time, choose not to receive information about similar goods or services you have purchased or expressed an interest in. Please just notify us at email@example.com
We will keep your personal data for no longer than necessary. The period will be determined by the criteria of the period of your contract or newsletter subscription with us plus a reasonable administration period (not exceeding a further 2 years). In addition to the right of access referred to below, you have the following rights:
- Correction right – the right to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal data held by us.
- Erasure right – you can request erasure of your personal data if it is no longer necessary for us to retain it for the purpose for which it was collected, if you withdraw your consent, if you have objected to our processing and we have no other justification for processing the data, if it was processed unlawfully or if we are under a legal obligation to erase the data. If one of these grounds exist and we have no other legitimate grounds for retaining or processing your data, we will erase it without delay.
- Right to object – you can object to our processing of your data. We will stop processing the data unless we can demonstrate a compelling legitimate ground.
- Restriction right – this will apply if you contest the accuracy of the personal data we hold, until we can verify its accuracy; if the processing is unlawful; if you wish us to preserve it for a legal claim or if you object to processing based on our or a third party’s legitimate interests, until we decide which interests prevail. We will notify you before lifting a restriction.
Please use the contact details below to request the exercise of any of your rights.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with Data Protection Law. Up until 24 May 2018, any access request may be subject to a fee of 10 Eur to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you, but after that time it will be free
Data Protection Law
This means (i) unless and until the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is no longer directly applicable in Ireland, the GDPR and any national implementing laws, as amended from time to time and then (ii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998
We will be the data controller of your personal data. If you are unhappy with any aspect of our processing of your personal data, in the first instance, please raise the matter with us, using the contact information below. If you remain unhappy, you can complain to the Information Commissioner, whose website is at https://www.oic.ie/